Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)This is my first experience with a reversible bucket hat with a chin strap, so maybe this is how they all are...but the straps bother me a bit and I wasn't thrilled with the way they worked/looked.
I'm guessing it's due to the hat being reversible, but I just found it odd how the two separate (short) straps velcroed together to create the chin strap, while the opposite ends of the strap(s) stuck out the top of the hat! The straps are attached to the hat through grommets on each side of the hat, which come together under the chin to hook together with velcro. It doesn't hinder the performance of the hat at all, but it certainly looks odd (see photos).
The squared ends of the straps (and the velcro) are rough and scratchy (almost sharp, even) and I am not sure how well that will work against soft baby skin when fastened. (It was the end of the season when we got the hat so my child never even wore it so I can't say for sure that it bothered him.)
Another thing that is sort of strange (strap wise) is that the velcro ends stick up out of the hat (see user photos). Again, I'm guessing this must be due to the hat being reversible and that's just how it has to be done? It looks silly. It doesn't affect the function of the hat, but I don't like it. The straps are removable (with some slight manipulation of the straps through the grommets) but they won't come out on their own, which is a good thing.
Also, I realize the company wants their name on the hat, but since it's reversible, you would think the tag would be tiny. Not so. The tag is HUGE! And of a completely contrasting color (see user photos). Granted it doesn't affect the function of the hat, but I think it could have been handled better.
Overall, it's a well-made hat--very nicely constructed. It appears to be something that could be used for many years with many kids (a great hand-me-down item). That said, the straps and tag could use some work--although the issues are nothing so drastic as to lower the rating below four stars.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Outside Baby Reversible Bucket Hat
Click here for more information about Outside Baby Reversible Bucket Hat
No comments:
Post a Comment