Thursday, October 13, 2011

Summer Infant Bibbity Review

Summer Infant Bibbity
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I bought the blue Bibbity for my son. We've had this bib for about a month now *(SEE UPDATE BELOW)* and I'm pretty happy with it overall. It came loose in the box (along with other items I ordered from Amazon) and it was terribly dirty and a little scratched up. The dirt washed off but I was also disappointed that in person the bib has a seam across the middle that doesn't show up in the product pictures. We have a similar firm plastic bib from Ikea with a pocket that we love but wanted something to keep in the diaper bag. I actually like this bib better because it flexes around our son's neck instead of the firm plastic which just pushed up into his face. I've bought a cheap plastic bib with a pocket too with a picture of Elmo painted on it, but the paint on Elmo's face started coming off after being washed (by hand) a few times! Yuck! I don't want my son eating paint. This is one piece of plastic (or silicone? not sure) with no paint or design that will wear off. The plastic is probably about 2 or 3 millimeters thick.
I can see why other reviewers didn't like the length, it is a little short but seems to work out perfectly for us. My son is 18 months and is in the 90th percentile in height, all torso, so I thought it would be to short for him too. Actually I like the length because his high chair or booster seat trays don't interfere with the pocket.
The Bibbity is a little tricky to get folded up because it wants to unfold itself, but if you can get it tucked in the pocket just right it does stay, as well as it will fit a fork and spoon in the pocket too. We have been using it at home as well as around town when going out. We just got back from a week long vacation where this was the only bib we brought with us. Truly, it is the only bib we need! It washes off quickly and easily and you don't have to wait for it to dry before use. You can just towel it dry or shake off the water. I was a little skeptical when I first bought it but frankly I love it. I LOVE not having to clean dried food off fabric bibs or do more laundry. For the price especially it is awesome.
***UPDATE*** We've bought a green Bibbity for our son that stays with the diaper bag and the blue one stays at home. All we have to do most of the time is rinse it with soap and water, unless there is something sticky or tomato based (which will stain), then you have to scrub a bit. Bought a pink one for our daughter too, even though she isn't born yet- this will be great to have once we start her on solid foods. At this price I'm keeping it in my Amazon wishlist to give to friends who have babies too!

Click Here to see more reviews about: Summer Infant Bibbity



Buy Now

Click here for more information about Summer Infant Bibbity

No comments:

Post a Comment